Monday, April 4, 2011

Recipe: Pepper-Mint Limeade


Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com.  I would like to serve it in this.

Serves: 8

Ingredients:
  • 4 limes, juiced (~1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 sprigs fresh mint
  • 1/2 gallon water (8 cups)
  • 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
  • Extra mint sprigs and jalapeno slices for garnishing, if desired

Directions:
In a large pitcher, stir together the lime juice and sugar.  Stir in mint sprigs, and mash with a wooden spoon to release some of the oils.  Pour in the water and mix well.  Mix in jalapeno slices.  Put a lid on the pitcher and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

Serve over ice.  Garnish with a mint sprig and/or jalapeno slice, if desired.

Notes: 
I used less sugar when I made it because I prefer more tart, less sweet.  You can always add a little sugar to the glasses of those who prefer their beverage sweeter.  You can do the same thing with the jalapeno if you are worried about the spice level.

The last time I made it, I had vodka on the side for those who wanted to booze it up.  Rum would also probably work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment